By Philippa Williams
Providing very important insights into political geography, the politics of peace, and South Asian stories, this ebook explores daily peace in northern India because it is skilled by means of the Hindu-Muslim community.
- Challenges normative understandings of Hindu-Muslim kin as relentlessly violent and the concept of peace as a romantic endpoint taking place basically after violence and political maneuverings
- Examines the ways that geographical strategies equivalent to house, position, and scale can tell and problematize understandings of peace
- Redefines the politics of peace, in addition to options of citizenship, supplier, secular politics, and democracy
- Based on over 14 months of qualitative and archival examine within the urban of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, India
Read Online or Download Everyday Peace?: Politics, Citizenship and Muslim Lives in India (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Best war & peace books
This can be an unparallelled research of the country of the United countries peace operations and their impression on Asian safeguard. This new volume examines new thoughts being followed by way of the UN; together with doctrinal shifts in peace operation, and assesses the department of labour among the UN, nearby agency and non-governmental organisations/actors.
Analysing the connection among civil society and the kingdom, this publication lays naked the assumptions informing peacebuilding practices and demonstrates via empirical study how such practices have ended in new dynamics of clash. The force to set up a sustainable liberal peace mostly escapes severe exam.
Inventare los angeles velocity muove dalla constatazione che noi, di solito, “guardiamo il mondo senza osservarlo”, lasciandoci scorrere davanti agli occhi, magari con indifferenza o in line with mancanza di pace, tutto ciò che di male ci accade intorno, quotidianamente: guerre, ingiustizie, sofferenze, violenza. Quali sono allora le conseguenze etiche di questo guardare senza vedere?
Will tomorrow's wars be ruled by means of self sufficient drones, land robots and warriors stressed out right into a cybernetic community which may learn their techniques? Will struggle be fought with larger or lesser humanity? Will or not it's performed out in our on-line world and additional afield in Low Earth Orbit? Or will it's fought extra intensely nonetheless within the sprawling towns of the constructing global, the awful black holes of social exclusion on our more and more unequal planet?
- Just Peace: How Wars Should End
- The Responsibility to Protect and the Third Pillar: Legitimacy and Operationalization
- A Memory of Solferino
- European Peace and Security Policy: Transnational Risks of Violence (Democracy, Security, Peace)
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism in Africa: Fighting Insurgency from Al Shabaab, Ansar Dine and Boko Haram (New Security Challenges)
- Interactive Justice: A Proceduralist Approach to Value Conflict in Politics (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
Extra info for Everyday Peace?: Politics, Citizenship and Muslim Lives in India (RGS-IBG Book Series)
Everyday Peace?: Politics, Citizenship and Muslim Lives in India (RGS-IBG Book Series) by Philippa Williams