By Sarah K. C. Mauldin
This entire how-to guidebook provide you with the instruments and notion you can use infographics and information visualization strategies on your library to knock your audience’s socks off as you inform your tale in a visible layout that may be fed on and understood at a look.
You will learn the way to:
- use the instruments you have already got to create an easy infographic;
- create a library companies infographic utilizing Piktochart;
- create tutorial infographics with Easel.ly;
- create interactive timelines; mindmap your brainstorming meetings;
- create library flowcharts and diagrams utilizing Creately;
- create interactive maps with imported info; and
- create advanced information visualizations.
Read Online or Download Data Visualizations and Infographics (Library Technology Essentials) PDF
Best library & information science books
Adventure in instructing preschool teenagers and in supporting others take pleasure in tune, this writer presents an advent to profitable courses for sharing track with young ones. you are going to the way to lead and educate songs to teenagers, utilizing chants and poetry to aid boost motor abilities and increase, examining, writing, and focus.
Utilizing seller licensing and reasonable use directions, library collections can include millions of on-line video clips both bought or via in-house digitization. during this ebook, the authors percentage their wisdom built in development and retaining a streaming video assortment. Highlights contain key details and tips, in addition to advised top practices, for the licensing and acquisitions approaches, supplying entry, selling the gathering, and comparing the library and seller collections.
This crucial review of what it ability to be a library and data specialist this day offers a extensive review of the transformation of libraries as details firms, why those businesses are extra very important at the present time than ever sooner than, the technological impression on how we offer details assets and providers in today’s electronic and worldwide setting, and some of the occupation possibilities on hand for info execs.
Rooted within the daily adventure of training and written for these with no professional technical wisdom, this booklet is the 1st functional consultant to utilizing electronic instruments and assets within the humanities school room. utilizing electronic Humanities within the lecture room covers such issues as: · Overcoming resistance to know-how – your individual, your colleagues' and your scholars' · discovering, comparing and utilizing electronic assets · Designing syllabi and making plans lecture room actions and assignments · fixing difficulties while expertise is going improper · utilizing electronic instruments for collaborative initiatives, direction paintings and theses· bettering your instructing by way of discovering help groups and connecting in your study Taking a step by step method of incorporating electronic humanities instruments into your educating, the e-book can be supported via a spouse web site, together with tutorials, pattern lecture room job activates and assignments, and a bibliographic essay for every ebook bankruptcy.
- The LITA Leadership Guide: The Librarian as Entrepreneur, Leader, and Technologist (LITA Guides)
- Creating Makers: How to Start a Learning Revolution at Your Library: How to Start a Learning Revolution at Your Library
- Developing an Outstanding Core Collection: A Guide for Libraries, Second Edition
- Popular Picks for Young Readers
- Helping the Difficult Library Patron: New Approaches to Examining and Resolving a Long-Standing and Ongoing Problem
Extra resources for Data Visualizations and Infographics (Library Technology Essentials)
Data Visualizations and Infographics (Library Technology Essentials) by Sarah K. C. Mauldin