By Ronald W. Cox
More than a decade into the hot millennium, the fusion of company and nation strength is the basic defining function people overseas coverage. This edited quantity severely examines the connection among enterprises and the USA country within the improvement of overseas guidelines concerning globalization.
Drawing jointly quite a lot of participants, this paintings explores the position of agencies in utilizing US overseas guidelines to improve the pursuits of transnational capital in quite a lot of contexts, including:
- how US executive regulations have contributed to the globalization of construction and finance
- the ways that transnational enterprises have encouraged the united states courting with China, a vital linkage within the new period of transnational accumulation
- how transnational company energy has formed capital-labour family members, humanitarian intervention, structural adjustment regulations, low-intensity democracy and the G20 summits
- the "corporate centrism" of the Obama management, whose rules were in keeping with the growing to be strength of transnational capital in US overseas policymaking
- the politics and outcomes of the embedded courting among quite a few sectors of the transnational capitalist type, worldwide associations and the U.S. country, together with the bounds and contradictions of this courting in the course of the ongoing capitalist crisis.
This paintings should be of serious curiosity to scholars and students of either US international coverage and overseas political financial system.
Read or Download Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy) PDF
Best international affairs books
Imagine tanks became more and more very important in American politics international coverage. within the final thirty years imagine tanks have emerged as significant actors at the political level, related in impression to massive curiosity teams, political events, and govt organizations. within the similar time span those imagine tanks have changed universities because the major resource for brand new coverage principles and the heritage study and arguments to justify them.
Society is below siege – below assault on fronts: from the worldwide frontier-land the place previous buildings and ideas don't carry and new ones are sluggish to take form, and from the fluid, undefined area of lifestyles politics. the distance among those fronts, till lately governed by means of the sovereign geographical region and pointed out by means of social scientists as ‘society' is ever more challenging to conceive of as a self-enclosed entity.
Because the world's such a lot dynamic zone, Asia embodies explosive fiscal development, various political structures, vivid societies, modernizing militaries, state of the art applied sciences, wealthy cultural traditions amid globalization, and strategic festival between significant powers. consequently, diplomacy in Asia are evolving swiftly.
The recent version of this vintage textual content on sleek U. S. historical past brings the tale of up to date the US into the second one decade of the twenty-first century with new insurance of the Obama presidency and the 2012 elections. Written through 3 hugely revered students, the ebook seamlessly blends political, social, cultural, highbrow, and monetary issues into an authoritative and readable account of our more and more advanced nationwide tale.
- Terms of Engagement: The United States and the European Security Identity (Washington Papers)
- Representing Religion in the European Union: Does God Matter? (Routledge Studies in Religion and Politics)
- Temporal Horizons and Strategic Decisions in U.S.–China Relations: Between Instant and Infinite
- China's International Relations in the 21st Century: Dynamics of Paradigm Shifts
Additional resources for Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy)
Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy) by Ronald W. Cox