By M. Sandra Wood
Advice and top practices supplied via those skilled CHI librarians might help readers who're making plans a brand new client healthiness details carrier, or who're trying to improve and extend their present application or service.
This most sensible practices booklet will spotlight profitable library purchaser healthiness info courses and prone, delivering recommendation and pointers on all features of supplying health and wellbeing details to most people and sufferers, from making plans and constructing a CHI application, to supplying really good prone to big populations. Readers will locate either strong, tried-and-true tools for supplying those providers, in addition to assistance on utilizing more recent, up-to-date recommendations to arrive people desiring future health information.
By Sheila Intner,Jean Weihs
A confirmed source for librarians and scholars, this up to date vintage opens the door to figuring out present library cataloging tactics, exhibits you ways to exploit them to create common catalog documents, and offers advice in handling the cataloging workflow.
• Describes brand new new cataloging instruments and indicates how they're utilized to actual assets in quite a few media, sharing quite a few examples that illustrate the issues raised
• Explains the way in which library catalog documents are produced for on-line catalogs
• Describes MARC codecs and explains how they relate to new metadata schemas corresponding to MARC XML, the Dublin middle, and BIBFRAME
• Discusses how one can set objectives and ambitions, supervise others, assessment outputs, and report back to and have interaction with inner and exterior gamers on this planet of libraries
• comprises examples and illustrations of all instruments and gives perform workouts to enhance understanding
By Laura Solomon
offers an summary of the social media global, supplying context for companies like fb, Twitter, and YouTube, and analyzes how adults and teenagers use of social media affects the library
bargains suggestion on effortless how you can use those instruments each day, with making plans thoughts for posting and scheduling
Addresses the wonderful issues of fb, evaluating many of the forms of profiles and accounts
courses readers within the fundamentals of crafting crowd pleasing prestige updates, and different social media most sensible practices
indicates the best way to deal with and computer screen money owed, together with tips on facing destructive feedback
Including a bibliography of extra assets, Solomon's consultant will empower libraries to exploit social media as a robust software for advertising, outreach, and advocacy.
By Sul H Lee
- budgets for library fabrics and employees
- copyright and licensing concerns
- interlibrary personal loan
- vendor-library relatives
- library structures and equipmentResearch Collections and electronic info offers a desirable investigate the sensible ways in which different librarians have risen to the demanding situations of this dramatic paradigm shift. it really is a necessary source for library administrators, collections managers, and scholars.
By David Mussington
By Amy J. Blatt
Medical geography is an engaging sector of speedily evolving examine that goals to examine and increase around the globe wellbeing and fitness matters in line with the geographical elements that have an effect on them. Perspectives in clinical Geography will attract either amateur and professional researchers trying to be told at the most modern theories and functions within the box. Chapters characterize a variety of industries, starting from private/public universities to personal businesses to non-profit foundations. participants describe ways that map and geography librarians can have interaction in public health and wellbeing study – growing facts criteria, archiving map collections and supplying mapping/GIS providers. as well as compiling present theories and practices concerning scientific geography, this quantity additionally gains commentaries from pre-eminent geography librarians, sharing their views in this rising box and the way map and geographic info librarians can have interaction in health-related examine via their occupation.
This booklet used to be initially released as particular problems with the Journal of Map & Geography Libraries.
By Sarah K. C. Mauldin
This entire how-to guidebook provide you with the instruments and notion you can use infographics and information visualization strategies on your library to knock your audience’s socks off as you inform your tale in a visible layout that may be fed on and understood at a look.
You will learn the way to:
- use the instruments you have already got to create an easy infographic;
- create a library companies infographic utilizing Piktochart;
- create tutorial infographics with Easel.ly;
- create interactive timelines; mindmap your brainstorming meetings;
- create library flowcharts and diagrams utilizing Creately;
- create interactive maps with imported info; and
- create advanced information visualizations.
By Catherine A. Lemmer,Carla P. Wale
Reflecting the shift from possession to entry, libraries are more and more offering entry to rights-protected electronic content material. Libraries try to supply entry to rights-protected content material in a fashion that protects either the content material writer and the privateness of the person. DRM includes a number of applied sciences and techniques used by content material proprietors and executives to restrict entry to and using rights-protected content material. Librarians have to comprehend DRM to successfully permit clients to entry and use rights-protected electronic content material whereas even as maintaining the privateness of the person.
Designed to deal with the sensible operational and making plans concerns with regards to DRM, this consultant explores the serious matters and demanding situations confronted by way of librarians. After studying it, librarians will higher understand:
- the electronic content material rights safeguard scheme;
- the numerous DRM applied sciences and the way they're used;
- how to take advantage of authentication and authorization criteria, techniques, and applied sciences; and,
- the privateness and safeguard concerns with regards to DRM.
Edited by way of librarians who additionally carry legislation levels, it is a most sensible practices consultant for front-line librarians on the right way to most sensible reply to the effect of DRM schemes on assortment improvement, staffing, finances, provider, and different library concerns.
By Lesley S.J. Farmer,Natalia Gendina,Yuriko Nakamura
The essays in Youth-Serving Libraries in Japan, Russia, and the United States handle the common and culture-specific features of library companies to little ones and teenagers in those 3 international locations. This assortment exhibits how libraries have built in mild of every country’s political, academic, and social historical past. They study how executive and citizen roles in youth-serving libraries additionally replicate culturally outlined social constructions. The chapters spotlight designated collections and providers inside of every one nation and in addition convey how librarians care for the demanding situations they stumble upon, either from inside of their tradition in addition to from outside—including common mess ups. every one country’s authors speak about modern concerns that face youth-serving libraries, resembling info literacy, analyzing in a multimedia global, and the overarching impression of technology.
This e-book could be of curiosity to youth-serving librarians worldwide, library educators, and for these learning foreign and younger grownup librarianship.
By Peter Suber