By Molly Flaspohler
- Provides necessary recommendation and tips for seamlessly integrating library study expertise into first-year courses
- Offers useful types and genuine existence examples of winning student-centered, course-based library study assignments
- Is written by way of an educational librarian with approximately two decades of expertise within the field
By Allison Kaplan
Whether you are a practising cataloger trying to find a quick textual content to replace you at the program of RDA to cataloging files or a college librarian who wishes a brief source to reply to cataloging questions, this consultant is for you.
• completely updates a best-selling, crucial consultant to cataloging
• Addresses the recent criteria in particular as they follow to varsity libraries
• is helping tuition librarians comprehend and enforce the hot cataloging criteria of their collections
• Distills the most recent details and provides it in a layout that's transparent and accessible
• Fills the necessity for up to the moment cataloging information for the busy librarian who desires info in a hurry
By Dianne de Las Casas
This e-book makes the correct addition to academics' and librarians' tale time decisions, containing 25 academic and wonderful stories from world wide in addition to confirmed storytelling techniques.
• presents feedback on storytelling ideas particular to every tale
• contains spot drawings that brighten up all of the stories
• A bibliography presents the entire information for the tale sources
By Tara Brabazon
Imagine if a scholar spent as a lot time coping with info as celebrities doted on eating regimen? whereas consuming an excessive amount of nutrients could be the foundation of an ethical panic approximately weight problems, over the top info is never mentioned as a drawback of an identical scale. evidently, abundant and top of the range meals isn't an issue if consuming is balanced with workout. yet with no the abilities of media and knowledge literacy, scholars and voters struggle through low caliber on-line info that fills their day but doesn't permit highbrow problem, mind's eye and questioning.
Digital weight loss diet: From details weight problems to highbrow health probes the social, political and educational problems in dealing with huge amounts of low caliber details. yet this ebook doesn't diagnose a challenge. as a substitute, electronic weight loss plan presents suggestions to enhance highbrow health that varieties the $64000 from the inappropriate and the outstanding from the banal.
In April 2010, and for the 1st time, fb obtained extra autonomous viewers than Google. more and more there's a wish to proportion instead of seek. yet what's the influence of this type of swap on larger schooling? If scholars whinge that the analyzing is ‘too hard’, then one reaction is to make it more straightforward. If scholars bitch that assignments are too tough, then a method to control this problem is to make the assignments easier. either are passive responses that harm the calibre of schooling and universities within the lengthy term.
Digital weight loss program: From details weight problems to highbrow health offers energetic, wakeful, cautious and appropriate ideas to maneuver scholars and electorate from looking to discovering, sharing to considering, and purchasing to reading.
By Samantha Schmehl Hines,Kathryn Moore Crowe
By Susan Batley
Following on from the 1st version of this e-book, the second one version fills the space among extra advanced theoretical texts and people books with a merely sensible process. The ebook seems to be at significant library category schemes in use in Europe, united kingdom and the us, and comprises useful routines to illustrate their software. Importantly, classifying digital assets is usually mentioned. category in conception and perform goals to demystify a really complicated topic, and to supply a legitimate theoretical underpinning, including useful suggestion and improvement of useful talents. Chapters focus in simple terms on category instead of cataloguing and indexing, making sure a better insurance of the topic.
- covers the newest Dewey Decimal category, twenty third edition
- provides functional recommendation on which schemes could be most fitted for various kinds of library collection
- covers category of electronic resources
- explores fresh advancements in electronic assets and tagging
By Amanda B. Click,Sumayya Ahmed,Jacob Hill,John D. Martin III
This quantity bargains updated insights into the kingdom of library and knowledge technological know-how (LIS) within the heart East and North Africa. coated issues contain info literacy, highbrow estate, LIS schooling and study, publishing and extra. This well timed contribution hence provides very important components of study on a sector that gets quite little insurance and is presently experiencing quick and important changes.
By Susan Alman,Sara Swanson
Explains powerful advertising options and identifies the instruments had to increase the visibility and bring up using your library within the community.
• presents a vital source that instructs and courses librarians from all kinds of organisations all through every one level of the promoting and public kinfolk process
• permits librarians with very little adventure in advertising to devise, enforce, and evaluation a advertising campaign
• Addresses the entire key instruments to advertise library assets and providers: social media, conventional media, guides, and collateral materials
• Describes how one can assemble information regarding the group and identifies elements that have an effect on library use
By Alice Carli
By Charlotte Hess,Elinor Ostrom