By Edward O. Frantz
A better half to Reconstruction Presidents offers a chain of unique essays that discover numerous very important matters, issues, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. supply, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st accomplished examine the presidencies of Johnson, supply, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from most sensible historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the examine of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key subject matters comprise each one president’s political occupation; international coverage; family coverage; army heritage; and social context in their phrases in office
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
Wargames are worthwhile instruments for constructing approach and imaginative and prescient. the learning Doctrine and Command-sponsored military Transformation Wargame (ATWG) 2000 held in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, in spring 2000 used to be designed to help the military Transformation to the target strength, supply a visualization for this force's strategic and operational atmosphere, and to facilitate knowing of the military imaginative and prescient.
A thriving, but small, liberal part in Israeli society has usually taken factor with the limitations imposed via spiritual orthodoxy, principally with restricted luck. despite the fact that, man Ben-Porat indicates, in recent times, partly due to demographic alterations and partially a result of impression of an more and more consumer-oriented society, dramatic alterations have happened in secularization of important components of private and non-private lives.
This e-book departs from frequent bills of high-profile girl suffrage activists whose major difficulty was once a federal constitutional modification. It tells the tale of girl suffrage as one regarding the various politics of ladies around the kingdom in addition to the incentives of the lads with the first political authority to supply new balloting rights – these in nation legislatures.
A entire evaluate of the president's policy-making position and how this position constructions the president's interplay with different associations of presidency. The e-book concludes with a dialogue of the problems of responsibility and coverage leadership.
- First Ladies and American Women: In Politics and at Home
- Multidimensional Democracy: A Supply and Demand Theory of Representation in American Legislatures
- Seeking New World Vistas: The Militarization of Space
- Constitutional Dynamics in Federal Systems: Sub-national Perspectives
- The 51% Minority: How Women Still Are Not Equal and What You Can Do About It
Extra info for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Edward O. Frantz